Systematically reducing components is a major success factor for a cost-saving design. And what is more: Fewer components increase the overall reliability and usually lead to space-savings.
E-T-A’s power entry modules combine up to five functions in a single component: a C14/C20 appliance inlet, resettable overcurrent protection, an ON/OFF switch, a line filter and an optional undervoltage release, remote trip or auxiliary switch.
Compared to standard connector modules with fuses the E-T-A power entry modules are equipped with resettable circuit breakers. After an overcurrent trip they can be reset quickly, reliably and easily. Time-consuming fuse replacement is eliminated. Thanks to screw mounting, E-T-A power entry modules have a firm and robust fit in the housing and can thus withstand even high pull-out forces of power cables without any problems.
- Reduced assembly and wiring effort (up to 90 %!)
- Reduced material planning and stock keeping costs
- Increased equipment uptime: Quickly and easily reset circuit breakers
- Time-consuming fuse replacement is omitted
- Low operational costs: No expenses for procurement, inventory management and service for fuses
- High safety: multipole circuit breakers reliably interrupt the current-carrying phase conductor in the event of a fault. This prevents electric shocks.
Systematically reducing of components is a major reason for a successful cost-saving design. And what is more: Less individual parts increases overall reliability and usually provides additional space. E-T-A’s power entry modules combine up to 5 functions in a single component: a C14/C20 appliance inlet, resettable overcurrent protection, an ON/OFF switch, a line filter and add-on modules for undervoltage release, remote trip or auxiliary contacts. Unlike conventional standard modules with fuses, E-T-A’s power entry modules are fitted with a conveniently resettable circuit breaker.